“ELIMU YA KIAFYA KWA UTUKUFU WA MUNGU!”
Vision Statement: To be a dynamic Center of Excellence in Research Innovation and Training of Christian Health Care Professionals who honor God by offering wholistic service to Society
Our Mission: To train and mentor, innovative, committed Christian healthcare professionals, competent in research to provide compassionate quality health care in Kenya and the world at large.
- Integrity: We conduct our business in an ethical manner free from any form of impropriety
- Compassion: We treat all persons as created in God’s image and empathize with the suffering of humanity.
- Accountability: We take responsibility of our own actions and are answerable to our stakeholders and to God.
- Respect: We honor human rights, dignity and treat all people with fairness.
- Innovation: We are dynamic to health challenges; promote research and appropriate modern technology.
- Passion for excellence: We esteem continuous development through, planning, learning and research to promote knowledge in Academia and quality professional practice in service delivery.
Our Partner in the US: University of Massachusetts www.umb.edu
KIJABE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (KCHS) is one of the divisions of AIC Kijabe Hospital. The College commenced healthcare-professionals training in 1980 from a humble, by enrolling 14 nurses under the Kijabe school of nursing (KSN). Since then, the college has expanded and has trained over 1,200 highly qualified professionals who are functioning both locally and internationally. Nursing education is overseen by the Nursing Principal and accredited by the nursing council of Kenya,
KSN is the recipient of multiple visiting educators every year and consistently lands in the top three in terms of results in Kenya’s national exams. The Government of Kenya and private organizations consider the Kijabe nurses amongst the best in the nation. KSN currently offers two training programs namely, the Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Program (KRCHN) and the Kenya Registered Nurse Anesthetist Program (KRNA). The KRCHN Program has graduated 973 students, 75% of which are female. The KRNA Program trains Diploma level nurses to perform officially recognized anesthesia at a high level throughout rural East Africa and is the only program of its kind in Kenya. To date it has graduated 43 nurse anesthetists who are serving in various government and faith based institutions in the country.
Current Academic Programs:
- KENYA REGISTERED COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING (KRCHN- Basic) 31/2 years Diploma in nursing.
- KENYA REGISTERED NURSE ANAESTHESIA (KRNA (1 year and 6 months – inclusive of internship).
- KENYA REGISTERED PERIOPEARTIVE NURSING (KRPON) Diploma in Peri-operative nursing: Course- 1 year- Diploma
- Clinical medicine – diploma
- Community health extensive workers – certificate
- ICU Nursing
- Neuro Nursing
- Accident & Emergency Nursing
- Palliative Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
The MINIMUM academic entry requirements for KRCHN are:
- C plain and above in KCSEC plain in English or Kiswahili
- C plain in Biology or Biological sciences
- C- in Mathematics or Physics
- C- in Chemistry.
Specialized programme (KRNA& KRPON): Must have qualified as a KRCHN and have at least two years of clinical experience.
Intake: KCHS has 2 intakes every year, one in MARCH and the other in SEPTEMBER.
For Applications and/or other enquiries, please contact:
The Principal, Kijabe School of Nursing, P.O. Box 20 – 00220, Kijabe, Kenya.
Cell: +254 724 476 342 / LANDLINE: 020 3246 351
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Environment: Kijabe College of Health Science being a department of Kijabe Hospital is deeply rooted on Christian principles as such the institution’s identity is that of Christian faith. The school’s environment is a reflection of that belief as service to humanity is anchored on Christian values. The college provides a conducive environment for faculty and student both to grow and interact in liberty and ethics.
Accommodation: Students are accommodated in modern hostels within the facility. Secondly, the management has in place other arrangements for student accommodation in case the hostels are not available. Our commitment to the students is their comfort.
Spiritual Ministry: For spiritual growth, students attend morning devotions daily and other services including; Friday revival meetings, worship nights and Sunday services. The school also has a resident chaplain during day times for spiritual guidance and counseling.
Sports / Recreation: We have excellent recreational facilities which include soccer, volleyball and an athletics track. Indoor games include pool, and table tennis. Twice each year the college holds a sports day, in March and September.
Ways to Financially Support the College:
- Scholarships for the needy students : anyone who would like to assist a student can contact the principal : email@example.com
- Dining hall for the students
- Additional classrooms
- Expansion of the dormitories
- Expansion of the office space
KIJABE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES: 2017 HIGHLIGHTS
|KENYA REGISTRED COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING (KRCHN)||2ND WEEK JANUARY 2017|
|“||2ND WEEK SEPTEMBER 2017|
|KENYA REGISTERED PERIOPERATIVE NURSING (KRPON)||1ST WEEK MARCH 2017|
|KENYA REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHESIA (KRNA)||OCTOBER 2017|
|CLINICAL MEDICINE & SURGERY ( 3RD CLASS)||SEPTEMBER 2017|
|OPERATION THEATRE TECHNICIAN||SEPTEMBER 2017|
NEW HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
|EMERGENCY AND CRITICAL CARE FOR CLINICAL OFFICERS (ECCCO)||TENTATIVELY
FEBRUARY OR SEPTEMBER 2017
|KENYA REGISTERED CRITICAL CARE NURSING (KRCCN)||TENTATIVELY SEPTEMBER 2017|